My Blog List

Sunday, October 9, 2011

TSC1007, Thanksgiving and Swirls

I made this card for the Twisted Sisters Challenge this week. Kathy challenged us to make a Thanksgiving card with swirls. Due to a fibro flare, I chose to do a CAS card. I used a pumpkin template that I purchased from The Cutting Cafe. I embossed it with the wood embossing folder, I suppose the swirl embossing folder may have been more appropriate for this challenge.

We took in another stray dog this week which is requiring a lot of attention. She evidently was terribly abused. She is a really sweet girl and we hope to find her a good home. So many people are ditching their dogs these days. It is so sad. The bad part is-we can't save them all. I sure wish we could. The last little orphan that came here went to a kennel, which a friend of mine has. She was so attached to us, that she was miserable. Yes, you guessed it, we went back and got her. She loves her new home, although, our home did not need another dog.

I hope you are enjoying the wonderful fall weather. I sure am, but I am not looking forward to the arrival of Old Man Winter.

Have a great Lord's day.

Challenges entered:

Sentimental Sundays: Anything Goes
Onestitchatatimechallenge: anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Really cute card! I like what you did with this.
    I know what you mean about wanting to save all of the dogs but in my case, it's cats that fill my house. LOL! The economy seems to be making more than the usual number of animals "homeless" now. Wouldn't it be nice if we were both millionaires? Then you could save all of the dogs and I would save all of the cats and all of us would be happy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, I like this a lot, Gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, hope to see you again, Gaynor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, girlfriend, you created such an awesome pumpkin card - I love it and the awesome swirlies too. As always, wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and creative! Thank you for joining our “Anything Goes” challenge at Sentimental Sundays.

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This big ole pumpkin is awesome girlfriend! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful !!
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our, 'Anything Goes' challenge.
    Good Luck !!
    Hope to see you back next week :O)
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete