My Blog List

Monday, November 28, 2011

Shabby Chic Christmas Card

The challenge for Paper Cupcakes this week was given by Sonia. We were to make a Shabby Chick or Vintage Christmas card. This one made me step outside of my comfort zone. I chose the Welcome Winter image from Paper Cupcakes that will be released next month. I used my Cheery Lynn pastry doily from Happy Scrappy ( Happy Scrappy-http://www.happyscrappy.us/), along with some lace and poinsettias, I did the distressing with my distress tool and ink. We would love for you to join in the challenge with us. You can see the other team members cards and find the details at There's Magic in the Air .

The temps dropped last night so it feels more like Christmas time. We may get some snow this week. It can snow, but just not on the roads and sidewalks. I really don't think Mother Nature is going to listen to me so maybe my husband should have the snow shovel handy.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will come back soon.

Challenges:
Paper Creations Ink: Christmas
Stamp with Fun-Stitching (faux or real)
Ribbon Reel-anything goes-use ribbon

12 comments:

  1. I love how you have layered your image on the doilley and teamed this with the ribbon and lace and beautiful poinsettias. This is a truly gorgeous Card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Love you used a doily.. I really fan of doilies. You did ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL CARD! Good Job!
    -Sony
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't I already seen this lovely creation!?? LOL, yes, and its perfect down to its last little poinsettia!! The doily makes it extra special! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girlfriend,
    This really is one gorgeous card and quite elegant! The doily is a wonderful touch, but I love the lace/ribbon - very, very pretty. And, the little poinsettias are awesome. That image is so very cute - I'll have to pick it up when she releases it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the doily and the lace together and the image is so cute. The poinsettias are the perfect special touch. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Love the image, and the doily die cut, the ribbon and the festive colours, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! Have A Wonderful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love the theme as well. Once of my favs. Love the doilie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!
    Thank you so much for playing along @ Paper Creations Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute and adorable card Shirley, thanks for joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    PCI DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all your vintage detail work on this one...fabulous, Shirt

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card! that little birdy is toocute with his little red boots.
    Thanks for joining us at the ribbon real

    ReplyDelete