My Blog List

Saturday, August 18, 2012

I deserved the Smack I got today

God struck this selfish  gal upside of the head this morning. Not enough to hurt, but enough to get my attention.  Thank you, Lord, I needed that. I think I don't have time to make a card for an adorable little boy who is going through so much in his life. So what if I am busy, so what if I have other deadlines, so what if  my house needs to be cleaned for a birthday party tomorrow, so what if I don't make a perfect card, it really doesn't matter. This little guy is fighting for his life and I think I have problems.   This is not a perfect card and God told me that James does not care, it just might put a smile on that little face.  James likes pirates so I chose this pirate ghost from Paper Cupcakes.

This card was made for the Teapot challenge on Split Coast Stampers.

A sweet friend sent me this fence for Halloween cards and it fits perfectly for this card. Thank you, friend.

Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a great weekend

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need a reminder! But you did good and he will love his card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for making James a card!! I know he will get a kick out of this ghost pirate - one that has returned from the depths of the sea to haunt us - (insert an evil laugh here - whoohahahahahaha)

    I remember this image from another card you made and I think it is perfect to make James whip out his sword and put up a fight with the ghosts in his life - how sweet of you to put aside your impending chores and get this done for him first. You have such a huge heart! Hugs, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James will love his card Sweetie ! It's gorgeous and you have put all your love in it... I love the spooky border you have added, it's so cool ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete