My Blog List

Friday, August 17, 2012

MFP Faux Patina Technique and TSC Childhood Memory

Pat G. over at Speedy Fox has prepared a great tutorial on doing the Faux Patina Technique.  I have never done this technique, but it  was pretty easy and I think my first one turned out pretty good.   You can take a look at Pat's tutorial if you are interested in learning this pretty technique.

 The Twisted Sisters challenge for today was to make a card that reminded you of your childhood. I chose this I Love Lucy stamp. I can remember, way back when, the family would all gather in the living room to watch TV. They had some really great shows back then like Leave it To Beaver, Mary Tyler Moore, I Love Lucy and more. We did not have air conditioning then, yes, that was in the olden days, any way the windows were open in the summer. My mom would laugh hysterically at these funny shows. Any one walking down the side walk probably wondered what was so funny at our house. Those were great days when the family gathered around the tv and we all watched the show. Today, it seems parents and kids are always texting or playing games on the phone or computer while the family is doing things together. There were lots of good times back in those days gone by.
Thanks, for stopping in today to see what was going on in Boxertown.

10 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your first card with that technique! Lovely card...
    Your second card is really cute and brought back a lot of childhood memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job on the Faux Patina Technique! Thanks for joining us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your cards are awesome ! I love love love the first one ! The background is gorgeous and the stamped cat is so beautiful ! You rock Lady ! Have a great week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your pretty, popping PATINA technique sure brightened up the gallery here!! Turned out BEAUTIFUL, Shirley - even matched up your ribbon fabulously!!

    Ummm, do your fur babies know you are putting CATS on your cards???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now that's how that technique is suppose to look. Mine didn't show all the colors which means I used too much of something - oh, well, I'll try it again - because it really is a gorgeous BG. Your card is beautiful, Girlfriend, and Killer Cat would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love Lucy. Got a alot of the TV shows on videos. They are always good for a laugh. Your patina turned out nicely. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patina is excellent!!! Lovely card. Thanks for playing this week at TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking at yours thinking I used too much gold powder, this card is perfect.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your faux patina is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TTSTV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with the faux patina! THanks for playing along with us this week at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete