My Blog List

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Speedy Fox and Friends #136

Well, Saturday has rolled around once again and we have another great challenge over at Speedy Fox and Friends. http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/    The new challenge is to make a Christmas card with no red or green.  I like the idea of that as I love to make Christmas cards with  black/red and pink/blue combos.  I decided to make one in a different color combo of blue and gold.   The stamp set I used for the ornament is Winter Scenes and the note paper was made with the set Just a Note.  Both of these sets are new releases over at
Mark's Finest Paper.  

Now I have to fess up and tell you this card was the first card I made for this challenge, in that pink/blue color combo I told you I liked.   Everything was going really good until I took a picture of it to upload.   It was at that time those red and green circles popped out of that paper.   ~grin~   I have no idea why I never see mistakes until I snap the picture and start to edit it.   Anyway, that just gave me an extra card to show off this fantastic stamp set.

I hope you will come on over to Speedy Fox and Friends to join us for this challenge   Add your card to Mr. Linky and you will have a chance to win a nice stamp set from Mark's Finest Paper.  You do not have to use a Mark's Finest Paper Stamp, but it will put you in the drawing twice to increase your chance to win.  I will be checking to see if your card is uploaded  there.   Thanks, for coming by today.  See you again soon.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And isn't it funny what a camera will do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Shirley, these are both so festive!! I can't decide which I like more - the one with the blue and gold or the bright pink!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards - both! The blue and gold grabbed me right away - being a "blue" girl and all! And, the second card with the lovely shade of pink is wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so fabulous, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are marvellous cards Shirley! I really like the different ornament hangers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love them both!!! It's so encouraging to hear that I am not the only one that spots something wrong with my card after photographing it!!! Sure would be nice to see them BEFORE the photographing stage!!! Beautiful job on your coloring! I love your silver metal ornament clasp (have no idea what it's called!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! I especially love the blue & gold card!

    ReplyDelete