My Blog List

Friday, February 8, 2013

Speedy Fox - Love

Today the challenge over at Speedy Fox and Friends is to make a card that has to do with Love. I hope you will stop by the blog and check out the other team members cards.   I chose to use the Love, Love, Love  set over at Mark's Finest Paper.  I really like the checkered heart in that set, but I did not have a die that would work for a shadow.   I decided to do something a little different and used a punch on the checkered heart then layered them with the scalloped heart.  To tie those hearts together and to add in a little love,  I stamped love (also from the Love, Love, Love set) on a red heart.  I was glad I decided to punch out the heart from the checked heart, that made me think that there are many other ways to use those checks when it is not Valentine's Day.  I call that versatility.

Please join us for our challenge so we can see your Love card.   The free stamp set that one lucky winner will receive is Fabulous dogs.  Thanks, for stopping in today.

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to punch out the checked heart!!! They look great that way...and you are right...we now have many ways to use that check pattern! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Shirley ! I love the shape and the silhouette ! So sweet ! Have a lovely week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love the couple die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable silhouette in your large heart!! Love the black and red layers!
    I really like how you used hearts across the bottom and punched out that checkered heart to put on either side of the LOVE heart. This is so striking in the red, white and black!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sweet silhouette. Very nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Shirley!!! The little girl & boy silhouette is so cute!!! The card is adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girlfriend,
    Your card is so adorable and that silhouette is darling. The border punch gives your lovely card such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stinkin cute! Love the silouettes

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanted to stop by and say this is a gorgeous card. great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh this is so cute, I love the sillhouettes and the great design.

    ReplyDelete