My Blog List

Monday, April 27, 2020

Cowboy Up and a Dragon that likes Ketchup

Today I am sharing cards that I made with one of my Blue Knight Rubber Stamps - The Avenue.  We were challenged to use at least two additional Blue Knight Stamps with this image.  For the first card I used Cowboy Hero, Cowboy Up and Rear View Truck.  I thought these worked perfectly together.  I was pretty pleased with this card.  The sentiment is not showing up well on this card.  It looks much better on the card, in real life, although it did want to blend in with the grass a little.   After I stamped my The Avenue image on white card stock, I colored the grass and the road using Copic.    I brushed Pan Pastels on the sky.  I stamped the truck, colored it and adhered to the card.  I added the cowboys and the sentiment.

I stamped The Avenue stamp on white card stock and used Pan Pastels to color the complete Avenue image and the Fire Breathing Dragon.   I have to say this coloring went really quick.    It is the first time I have used the Pan Pastels to color the whole card.  I usually just do the sky.   I colored my Dragon and fussy cut it and attached it to my card.  I added the Dragon Sentiments last.

For more inspiration for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps,  you can view their blog HERE and you can also so to Facebook and join the Fans Of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.  You will find lots of cards and ideas there.

Thanks, so much, for joining me today.  Have a good week.

5 comments:

  1. You have to love how easily these stamps can be colored - both the scenes have gorgeous skies and the foregrounds look so natural!
    I can see your creative spirit and sense of humor have not been dampened by the virus quarantine! Amazing how you have combined these stamps to make cards that will bring smiles to the recipients. Two thumbs up, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and great scene making with those stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what a wonderful collection of stamps you have put together and striking the cards are. Love them Shirley.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous, like the father son card with your coloring and the sunset background and the dragon scene is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brillioant cards and had to look twice to see it was the same stamp TBH-love the purple Dragon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete