My Blog List

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CCEE Stampers Beach Challenge

This week the challenge over at the CCEE Stampers is to make a beach card.    Sabrina is the hostess and here is what she has to say about the challenge.  "Create a beach card with whatever takes your fancy. Bring your Independence Day picnic along if you want, just keep the sand out of the sandwiches!"      Oh, how I would love to be at the beach.   I am sure the beaches here in the USA are pretty packed since it is the 4th of July holiday.   For my card, I used a stamp set from  Our Daily Bread designs "The Mighty Sea".    As much as I love this set, this is the first card I have made with it.

I got so excited about going to the beach that I even made a beach bag to pack my things in.




If you are up to making a beach card, come on over to the blog and upload it, we would love to see it.

Thanks for coming by today.  Have a safe holiday.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image and beautiful sentiment! So gorgeous! I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore! Love your sand dollar embellishment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card ... Ditto on hearing those waves on the rocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Shirley ! I love the scene and the beautiful die you have used for the sentiment... Love your beach bag too, so cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ODBD image, and you did a great job with it. I love the sand dollars you added. And your beach bag is adorable! Good job all around, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card has one of the most beautiful images from ODBD! How lovely....and your bag for the beach...........you are ready to go. Shall I meet you there???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous scene and you've colored it so perfectly - I can hear those waves!! I'm thinking your going to need an extra large bag - because it sounds like we are all going along with you to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure glad you finally inked up this awesome set, Shirt, and you did a MIGHTY job with it!!! Looks more like a photograph than a stamp with the coloring! Love the little sand dollars and the way you framed your sentiment!!

    The Beach Bag is fabulous - we are all going to be packing our own bags up to meet you there - if you ever come out to visit me, I will take you to the beach - that's a promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Shirley! Love the beach scene image and your coloring! The little sand dollars are the perfect finishing touch! Love the beach bag! You are all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirley, I love this! Love the stamp (must go and upload DH's birthday card now he's safely out of the way and won't see it!), and the little sand dollars (which we don't have here) are the sweetest embellishment.
    And that you've brought a beach bag too is a delightful addition. It's years since I've had a nice one like that, because when we're in Greece I always just have a backpack for the motorbike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring on that ocean scene, Shirley. And, your little beach bag is delightful. Well done! Now, keep the sand out of your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.....that ocean scene just pulls me right in.....I actually almost used the same image....but went with another ODBD stamp....love what YOU did with this one....fab beach card

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite ODBD images. Your scene is wonderfully done. Makes me wish I could go to the beach (It's been about seven years since I've last done that! Cute beach bag too.

    ReplyDelete