My Blog List

Monday, September 18, 2017

Tissue Water Coloring Technique

I saw this challenge last night, on Splitcoast Stampers,  to do the tissue water coloring technique. I got up this morning and watched a video by Loll Thompson demonstrating this technique, then I started messing. I say messing because I make big messes to clean up. Loll didn't have this problem on her end. :) While I was busy messing, I just tried a couple products to see what I liked best. I used Distress inks and Ken Oliver Color Bursts. I like the brighter color I got from the color bursts, but the distress inks work well, also. I added gold embossing powder over three coats of the distress ink for today's card. I stenciled my distress inks using the same colors on my white card stock for the background panel. I now wish I had made the background a little darker, but at the time, I was afraid it would take away from my cups.

Now I am off to put up all of the products that I have pulled out and left on my craft table. So let the fun begin. :)

Hope you all have a great week.

18 comments:

  1. Well, your card is very pretty, but I have no idea how you did it. I'd better check out the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! The colors are gorgeous!! Love the background, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Shirley!
    I love your stacked cups, and the purple is gorgeous!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is my favorite color, i love how you used it :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out really pretty! Love the subtle BG just the way it is And love the purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Always like these stack of cups and here it came out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your result, such a pretty card, great background to the beautiful cups.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow!! Those cups are gorgeous - I'm going to have to check out this technique! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE making messes in my craftroom.. I do wish I had someone to clean up after me though...lol! Your card is just beautiful!! Love it! Must check out this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only messy crafter! This is just gorgeous! LOVE the technique you used & it was well worth all the time I'm sure it took to create!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, like that deep purple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, gorgeous colours and great technique.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure made a pretty mess then. Haha! I love the card design and colors.

    ReplyDelete