My Blog List

Monday, March 23, 2020

Mare and Foal

Hello, friends.  Today I am showcasing another new release stamp from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps. This one is called  Mare and Foal.  This image is sure to steal the hearts of horse lovers.

For my first card, I stamped the image on my card stock using my Tonic Stamping Platform.
I colored the image using my trusty Copics.   I punched a circle from a post it note and put it in the top corner to create the sun.    I used Distress Inks to create my background.  Once I had the color sponged on, I removed my sun post it note and sponged some yellow and orange over the top of it to give it a little color.

Once again, I stamped my image using my stamp platform and then colored it using Copics.  I used Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet distress inks to create my background.  I used makeup applicators to transfer the ink to my card stock.  I wanted to create a look that looks like some of the designer paper that I have used on some other cards recently.  Once I had my sky the way I wanted it I stamped Happy Birthday at the top using the Best Wishes stamp set.

That is all for today.  I hope you liked the cards.  Thanks, for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. More gloriously coloured cards, love that image and your backgrounds are fab too Shirley.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job of showing how versatile this new image is! Your sky in both is amazing and I love the way you explain how you did the sun. I have to say that the BLUE KNIGHT images are SO easy to color because of the way the stamps include some shading. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful horses and I love both versions and the coloring of them. Blue Knight has so many wonderful images to choose from and I am glad I have a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - your background on the first card is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coloring and you have to love a mama and baby stamp! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I prefer the second one even though they're both very beautiful. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make fantastic backgrounds and what a beautiful Horse and Foal image. Both cards look wonderful x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, its been over 40 years since I have been horseback riding but I love rides in the country and seeing the beautiful horses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A GOrgeous stamp!
    FABulous scene on both cards.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete