My Blog List

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Beauty Shop Babes

Hello Friends,  Surprise, I am posting another card this week.  I made this cute card for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I do not play  many challenges there anymore and I always enjoyed it.  This week, I decided to play and I think I have played four this week.  One is not posted yet.


Here is my first card.  The featured stamper was Yo Sam aka Shelly.  Shelly and I were first on line friends when we met on Splitcoaststampers.  It happened that she and her husband  moved within 25 miles of me. Shelly and I got acquainted, we started getting together and making cards.  I stamped off some of her images so I wanted to use one of them to use when casing her card.  She had a card that was a 60's theme. I decided to use this Beauty Shop Babes image.  Her sister is one of the ladies under the hairdryer so I thought it definitely should be the image that I used.  


Today on Splitcoaststampers I made a card for their Sketch Challenge.  I was quite proud of myself for choosing paper from my scraps and using a already colored image that has been in my stash for at least 10 years.  Just guessing on that.  I am posting the sketch  and my card below.  My card is not exact, but you can tell I did use some of the same shapes.


If any of you have never gone to Splitcoaststampers, I want to invite you over.  It really is a lot of fun.  Not only does it encourage you to step out of your comfort zone, you meet a lot of nice ladies that becomes your friends.   If you come over, I am wannabcr8tive, give me a shout and let me know you are there.

Thank you, for stopping by today.  I hope you have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Both fabulous cards love the 60s beautiful shop babes,and the image and papers on the second card.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome cards, isn't great how are card making brings us new friends online and in real life!

    ReplyDelete