My Blog List

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CCEE1318 - Make it SHIMMER


This week I am the hostess over at the CCEE Stampers Blog.   I am challenging you to make
a card or project that shimmers.   There are lots of ways to create shimmer.  You could do embossing with gold or silver, use glimmer mist, sparkly paint, add gems-the possibilities are just endless when you really think about it.   I am sneak peeking a Squigglefly image today that will be in the Squigglefly Store on Saturday among several other new images.  The image and sentiment  is "Quiet Inspirations" by Cheryl Alger.  I used  SU champagne ink to give the water on my card a shimmery look along with a shale button that shimmers, as well.   I hope your mind is whirling with shimmery ideas for your card.  I can't wait to see all the beautiful cards that everyone will create.

Just link your project - whether it be from your blog, Splitcoast, etc. - back to the CCEE referencing Challenge 1318.  Just drop it into Inlinkz for everyone to see!


pssst!    Note from Squigglefly 

Wanna know a little secret?  The new images have been released in the store a little early!  This is an exciting release!  Not only are there tons of new images from the artists you know and love, but TWO NEW artists have joined us this month!  Please help us welcome Dawn Collins and
  Pamela Lehto!    We think you'll love their work as much as we do! 

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely, tranquil, peaceful scene, Shirley. Shimmery water is a great idea - and the button is gorgeous! Thank you for a fun and inspiring challenge this week, it certainly made me get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sneak peak my friend! Darling image and love the shimmery water - shimmer is a great idea for a challenge too. Fun mix of papers and very eye-catching button. I may try to play in your challenge today if I can find some shimmery stuff. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable Shirley ! What a cute image ! Love your colouring and as always you have chosen the most gorgeous papers ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful challenge this week, Shirley. Water certainly shimmers when that sun shines down and your button is so pretty. Adorable image AND card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the challenge you gave us Shirt!! Your card is just so cute, and I can see the shimmer of that button. There is even a hint of shimmer on the water, but I'll bet IRL it's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love anything that shimmers! Your card is as cute as can be~Fab papers and image!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I like the button in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and inspiring idea for a challenge, Shirt and this new image really is adorable, sitting next to the birds and cooling her feet off in the shimmery water. I could take a lesson from this card and learn to relax like this!! Love that shiny button too - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How absolutely adorable, Shirt...love the shimmery water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girlfriend,
    This image is just adorable and you've certainly colored it wonderfully. Your water is gorgeous and sparkly! I love your very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute image, and great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, and I love the shimmer you achieved on the water! Your sky is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a very sweet summery image.....cooling her toes in the shimmery waters.....fun dp, fab layout....festive card

    ReplyDelete