My Blog List

Friday, August 9, 2013

Speedy Fox and Friends #172-Make it Plaid

Saturday has rolled around once again and we have another challenge over at Speedy Fox and Friends.   The challenge is Plaid.  I searched for some plaid paper and I discovered all of these scrap pieces cut in triangular shapes.   I took the matching paper and cut some more pieces.  None of these are the same size since I chose to use the pieces already cut.   I added some jute ribbon with brads to make a border.  I used the sets Wild Horses and Hey Cowboy for this card.

I hope you will come on over to Speedy Fox and Friends and join us for the challenge.

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful! What a beautiful way to use scraps! Your card is fabulous! Love the jute ribbon with your DP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! What a stunning card Shirley ! Love the layout, the papers and the image ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sunburst card, Shirley! And I like the red and brown color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Shirley!!!! You really out did yourself with this card! I love everything about it! The added brads are perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEE -HAW, Sister - this is a rollicking western card, and sure has all the flavor packed in! Whodda thought some plain scraps could be turned into such an awesome card, just by adding a horse, then pairing it up with jute for ribbon and some cool brads - you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! Great colors and design and western feel. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful masculine card Shirley!Way to use up scraps! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - this is so awesome - and I love it! You did an amazing job with those paper scraps - it looks gorgeous and the jute ribbon is the perfect touch for the wonderfully colored horse. This is a way cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Western themed card!! I love the jute and the sun ray effect with the horse, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card that really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sun rayed background

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!Beautiful card!!!Love your image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative card with those rustic, earthy elements! Love the jute and sunray background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great sketch - funny how sometimes limitations actually result in the best creations! This image and your card are just so great Shirley! I have a friend who does rodeos and horse shows and she would so flip over this! Wow! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete