My Blog List

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge - Pick a Chandelier

The Inspiration challenge over at Speedy TV is to get inspiration from three pictures of chandeliers.  I love the pictures because the chandeliers are so different, they have been repurposed using old tea cups, tea pots and eating utensils.    Maybe I am a little weird, but these kind of things really grab my attention and I am always trying to make our challenge a little different than all the rest.  Who knows, maybe someone will even get a crafty idea from looking at the pictures. 

When I first started out making my card, I was just going to go for the color pink in one of the photo's.   Then I decided to hang my cups upside down to look like the chandelier in the other picture.  Therefore I gathered inspiration from two of the pictures.  The stamps used were  by MFP Stamp Shop - Oh Beans.  My sentiment is computer generated.  I needed a sentiment to match the challenge and I also have a friend who's life has been turned upside down due to her husbands illness.  I thought this would be the perfect card for her. I thought I could make a humorous sentiment for the inside or go with scripture.   I have to tell you this was a fun card for me.

I hope you will come over and play the challenge with us.  I would love to see your card that was inspired by the unique chandeliers.

4 comments:

  1. This is so creative and fabulous!! I love the chandelier you've created!! The embossing is awesome!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not weird, just VERY inspired!! I love how you put a spin on the challenge by using the teacups - you could very well start a new trend!! Love the sentiment you put on the front, that great EF - and your lovely patterned teacups - maybe you will get your friend to break out in laughter too.

    Will keep her in my prayers and hope this card gives her a chuckle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty and elegant!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I had a fun chandelier or the ability to make one! Guess I will just have to settle for making a card based on one. Love how you were inspired to create this very cool version! I love that sentiment too. I have kind of felt like this lately so this would have been a good card to send me! Hugz

    ReplyDelete