My Blog List

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge - Old Barns with Ads

The Speedy TV  Inspiration Challenge this week is to be inspired by Old Barns.  Do you remember the old barns from long ago that had the ads on them?  Those are the barns I am talking about.  They had coffee ads, soda ads, Rock City ads, etc..  I can remember taking vacations as a child and I loved watching for those barns to see what was going to be advertised next.  For my card today, the barn I chose had a coffee ad so I used the MFP Stamp Shop "Java Time" stamp set. 

I hope you will go over to the challenge and check out the nostalgic barns and join us for the challenge.  Don't forget to take a peek at the challenge teams cards while you are there.

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the coffee cup!! I do remember the barns...especially the See Rock City ones!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation this is a lovely card........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Shirley ! Love the pattern on the cup and the beautiful embossing ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of the challenge theme! I just love those old barn ads, you have captured that brilliantly! until next time, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, Shirley, you are stirring up some fond memories of my childhood!! Your take on the IC challenge is perfect - we all love our coffee, right? The decorated cup hints of the "barn red" we all are familiar with, and the flourishes look so nice, spilling out onto the embossed background!! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just so very cute - and the color combo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember the barn ads. I used to love watching for the abandoned ones though. They were common up in homesteading country.

    I love your card. Of course you picked my favourite colour combo and coffee, which I consider to be inspirational indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in PA...near Amish country...I do remember the barn ads...Your card is really nicely done with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I am sitting her drinking some yummy coffee, I love your card of course. Love the red too. After looking at the last few cards, I am feeling that my die collection is sad, sad, sad. I need more obviously. LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete