My Blog List

Thursday, March 7, 2013

CCEE - The Eyes Have It


Charlene is the hostess over at CCEE Stampers this month.  This week she has challenged us to use eyelets like we did in the day when we did not have cutting machines and embossing folders.   I started out making a really CAS card with tags and eyelets.  Well, that went awry somewhere along the way and I ended up with more than 2 hours in it.  You know that planning along the way part really gets in depth sometimes.   It takes me a long time to make up my mind when it comes to card making.  I decided after I cut my tags to use a couple of the frames from them, as well.    I did lots of sponging with distress inks and used gold paint on my butterflies.     You all are welcome to join us for the challenge, just go to the blog and link up your card.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Shirley, you have not forgotten how to use ANYthing along the way in your stamping 'career' - This collage of super tags looks fantastic and I love the gold butterflies and the cluster of flowers using one of the old punches. Excellent card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlfriend,
    Wow and wow again! Your card is absolutely beautiful! The gold butterflies are so delicate and elegant! The tags look wonderful with the adorable bows in the eyelets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all your little tags look simply adorable, Shirley. What a great design to incorporate eyelets. And the little bows add so much fun and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great job with this challenge and very creative. I know what you mean about the time spent sometimes in getting a card together...I think I have only made one card in that took me less than 10 minutes to make...most of mine take hours...sometimes most of the time is just in trying to figure out what papers I want to use...smile...tfs...

    ReplyDelete