My Blog List

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

CCEE Stampers - Oldie, but Goodie

The CCEE Stampers challenge this week is called An Oldie, but Goodie.     We are to take an old stamp and use it for this challenge.  I chose an old Stampin' Up set called "Roosting".     This was colored with prisma pencils and I sponged around it with a couple of distress inks until I got a color I was happy with.    I found the paper in a paper packet from DCWV.  I was lucky to find the orangy color of card stock that matched the distress inks perfectly.  I added blue and green card stock to mat on the white card.   I almost forgot, I used wax paper for the doily then sponged it with denim distressing ink.   I had used the wax paper on a Cheery Lynn Die to help my card stock not to stick so much.   This had been laying on my craft table for quite a while and I decided to use it behind my chicken.

Thanks for stopping by today.  We would love to see what your oldie, but goodie stamp is.  Get it out, make a card and upload it the CCEE blog.

13 comments:

  1. love the colors you used on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic Shirley ! The image and colours are gorgeous ! Love the background too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why that chicken is strutting his stuff....he's one gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Shirley, this rooster is a beaut! Love the fabulous colors. Good idea to use that wax paper doily. I have had a few wax paper things on my table recently after cutting out dies. Never thought to color them. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - these colors are brilliant and beautiful!! LOVE that you used your doily from waxed paper and colored it!! Wow, what a great idea! Your rooster is really strutting his stuff on this great BG paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coloring on that regal rooster, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific coloring and use of the wax paper, Shirt! Love the bold colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your coloring on this strutting rooster is out of this world....subtle shading....a true wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Girlfriend, check out this really perfect coloring. Your pencil work is stunning - mine not so much as I hardly use pencils any more. Your card is gorgeous and that rooster is very handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab rooster, Shirley.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't through the waxed paper out :D, I keep my bits and try to use them up along the way. It looks fabulous sponged - a perfect rustic setting for that handsome fowl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Schicken card (I can't remember how Pat and you all spell chicken so I made this up - LOL). Love, love, love the colors on this. So bright and cheerful. Very cool card! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete