My Blog List

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Colorful-Colorburst- Poppy

Hi, I am back with another card I made for Classy Cards N Such.   I had a pleasant experience using the Ken Oliver Alizarin Crimson Color Burst for the very first time.    I stamped the poppy, using one of the stamps from Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy Vase set, on water color paper.  I then spritzed the paper with water and sprinkled the color burst over it.  I love the results I got from it.  I then used water color crayons to color over my flower and leaves.  I used a dots embossing folder for the background.  The border is  ODBD Beautiful Borders.   I used a black check ribbon to make my bow using the bow easy.

If you are wanting to try the Ken Oliver Color Bursts there are many colors in the Classy Cards N Such Store.  Be sure and use the code Shirley-10 for a discount.

I am happy you stopped by today and I hope you will come back again soon.

12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Shirley ! Love the poppy... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley,,,saw you card on CCNS this morning and wanted to pop over and tell you it is so beautiful, but of course you knew that right...lol...elegant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. It was my first time with the color burst.

      Delete
  3. This is a stunning card. Love the poppy and the black trim and checked ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Shirley!! The poppy looks amazing!! I love the colors!! I so want to try the Color Bursts!! The embossing and pretty checked bow are perfect touches!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, they have many colors of the Color Bursts in the Classy Cards N Such store. Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Shirley, that color burst really gave your card a tremendous pop of color for the flower image!! Love how you have it layered up with the dotted EF and scalloped circles and then added the border and ribbon across the bottom!! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great job with this poppy! Like the design of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant. The poppy is lovely and a wonderful color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley, I love the color you used here. Beautiful work and the bottom border and bow are sooo cute!!! Great card. Thanks for all the great comments you left on Allie's blog - you are a doll. Hugz

    ReplyDelete