My Blog List

Friday, October 31, 2014

Classy Cards N Such - Fall blessings


I have made a Fall card to share with you today.   I love Fall, it is my most favorite time of the year.   The colors are so beautiful.  There is nothing better than looking across my front lawn and seeing all the different color of leaves.   It looks like God has taken a paint brush and painted each one differently.  Wow,  what a masterpiece He makes.  The only thing I do not like about Fall is knowing that winter follows very closely.  Brrr-I am not looking forward to that.

I start my card by cutting a vanilla card base.    I used some olive paper to make a layer.  I embossed the olive paper and adhered it to the card base.   I cut three more layers for my card from vanilla, brown and orange card stock.   I used the Spellbinders Curved Border Die to make the beautiful curved cuts.  I adhered the three layers to the card.  I used the Impression Obsession Bare Tree Die to cut the tree from brown card stock.  I wanted some leaves on my card so I took the Memory Box Lavish Tree Branch die and cut  two branches from olive paper.   I used the olive leaves to glue to the tree.  I used orange ribbon to tie around the tree.  I selected a Our Daily Bread Ornate Frame Sentiment and stamped it on orange card stock.  I used a small oval punch to cut it out.   I used a larger oval punch to cut a brown oval.  I cut it in half and used it to use behind the sentiment.    I adhered the tree and oval sentiment to the card.   This finishes my card and I hope you liked it.


Thank you, for coming by to visit my blog and looking at my card.  Come back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Shirley! Love those scalloped borders! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so beautiful Shirley ! Love the design ! Fantastic borders ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley,
    So beautiful and elegant! I love the beautiful border dies - and, in fact, have some - not the same as yours on the card - but they always seem to get the best of me when I try and layer them! Did I just admit that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I have seen this card before and left a comment, but it bears repeating! These borders, though a little tricky to get the right effect, are something you have mastered! The effect on your card is delightful!! Awesome job with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the edge and colors on this - beautiful card Shirley. Sorry I am so late catching up - I seem to be doing that a lot lately! Glad I stopped by though - your cards are awesome. Hugz

    ReplyDelete