My Blog List

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Classy Cards N Such -Think Pink card



Our challenge over at Classy Cards N Such  for this week is to make a pink card.  Since October is breast cancer awareness month the theme for our challenge is "Think Pink".    We all know someone who has either won the battle or lost the battle to this disease.  I have made several  cards this month in honor of the ones who are fighting  breast cancer today.  Some of them are going to M.D. Anderson and I have a cousin who is receiving one.   I was diagnosed with breast cancer nineteen years ago.  It is
a diagnosis that is really scary.  Chemotherapy and radiation sure takes a toll on the patient.  I feel very  blessed to have been cancer free for so many years.  Each day has been a wonderful gift from above.  My sweet grand-daughter came by yesterday with a cupcake for me with a pink icing ribbon on it.  She said "Grandma, this is your month"-you kicked breast cancer's behind.    I thought that was really sweet of her to think of me.

I guess you are wondering why I made a pink Christmas card for breast cancer awareness month.  I do like pink, but that is not the only reason.  It is also going to M.D. Anderson for a patient who just might be there on Christmas day.  I am sure there are many breast cancer patients who will spend Christmas in the hospital.  Cancer doesn't quit and go home for the holidays.  It is there each and every day.

I appreciate you coming by to look at my card today.  I hope if you know someone who is going through cancer treatments, you will give them a call or send them a card to let them know you are thinking of them.

Dies used on this card may be purchased from ClassyCardsNSuch.com.

Card supplies:


Impression Obsession Pine Branch die
Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiment stamps
Memory Box Shining Candle die
pink sequins
Pearls

9 comments:

  1. Not a surprise to me that your THINK PINK card has such a touching background story. Your strength, hope, and perseverance, as well as the way you are touching other cancer patients with your cards and encouragement is a witness to all, that cancer is not unbeatable!

    Love those tall diecut candles backed and embellished with pink sequins - they sparkle - just like your personality and smile. Whoever is in the hospital for the holidays will appreciate this kind and touching gesture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background story, Shirley. Great attitude and motivation to keep on living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and elegant card and just thinking of people suffering and in the hospital over holidays breaks my heart. It's awesome that your cards will be going to M.D. Anderson to be shared - and maybe deliver a smile. The die is beautiful and your base of pine is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter is so sweet!! What a thoughtful gesture!! This is so beautiful!! The candle die is gorgeous...love how you added the pine branches!! A beautiful card that will bring happiness to someone who needs it during the holidays. Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic ides Shirley... You will surely make somebody's Christmas day special and a bit brighter with your gorgeous card ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the deleted comment, I actually typed 'big jugs' instead of 'big hugs'...that would have been embarrassing!

    Beautiful card Shirley! Love the candles and all of your foliage! Great non-traditional colours! BIG HUGS with an H :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dies Shirley and the color you picked is so great for a Christmas card! Very clean and very fun. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirley, this is stunning!!! Wow! I love the white and pink! The candles are so elegant. Hmmmm..you know what I am thinking? A CASE is about to happen! I need a die cut card for tomorrow and I just love this idea.....thank you!

    ReplyDelete