My Blog List

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

73-Best Wishes, Charles

I think I have finally almost recovered from allergies that started two weeks ago. Saying that, I hope I will be uploading a few more cards than I did last week.

Today the tea potters are making cards for Charles in NY who has been diagnosed with cancer. With all Charles has had to endure in the last several years, I think he is like a Ford, yep, Ford tough. I didn't know much about ham radio so I googled some of their lingo to make banners coming out of the bed of the truck. The #73 is best wishes in ham radio "talk". Wishing you the very best, Charles.

The stamp I used for this card is by Printworks. I used Paper Studio and Stampin Up papers.
The copics I used to color the truck - YR09,07,04. I also used a silver pen for the bumper and chrome. I usually use another paper for coloring with copics, but I stamped this on Georgia Pacific paper and did not realize it until I started trying to blend my colors. Hmmm, it did not blend as well as my Crogen paper.

Thanks, for stopping by.
Challenges:
Everybody Art Challenge - Card for a Man
Tuesday Throwdown #94 - Recycle Scraps (Folgers silver seal)
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Male-hobbies/sports
Simon Says Stamp And Show - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I really love this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! LOVE the orange truck--it reminds me of one that my father owned when I was younger that was an orange rust color. ;) Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there thank you for sharing your fabulous card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the bright colors and theimage of the Ford is just great, thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great card. Love the blue and orange and all the fab textures.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week and wishing you lots of luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card for a man ! Your friend Charles will love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card,,,your attention to detail is great...particularly the tyre marking embossed background. Thank you for sharing it with us at Make My Monday this week. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The silver foil background is stunning!

    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colours on this bright and cheerful card
    thank you for joining us at MMM
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created a fantastic card that really represents the recipient. The metal embossing background, the HAM quotes and the screw in the bow...AWESOME!
    I wish your friend the very best and what a wonderful post you've written as well. :)

    Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A terrific card, perfect for our theme. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz

    ReplyDelete