My Blog List

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunny Stroll-Waste Not

The challenge for Paper Cupcakes this week is one of my favorite things to do.   The theme is Waste Not.   We were to use something that could be recycled.     A friend had given me several white coffee bags so I decided to get them out and see what I could do with them.   The orange paper under this cute little chick is a piece of my coffee bag that I used alcohol inks on to make a background paper.  (I know, it doesn't show real well)    The other thing I used was a soda can.   I punched my sun out of the aluminum.   Yes, my punch stuck, but I was able to get it open without damaging it.  The one thing I can say is,  the metal does sharpen your scissors when you cut it as well as the punch.  If you do this technique, be  careful not to cut yourself.   You would not want to put the metal on a childs card.  Even on an adult card, make sure you get all the sharp edges glued down.  I hope you enjoyed seeing my recycling project.   Come on over to our blog,   There's Magic in the Air, we would love to have you join us for this challenge.  I can't wait to see what you recycle.   It's fun, come on, give it a try, you might win a free Paper Cupcakes digi, too.

Come back again soon.

Challenges:
 There's Magic in the Air- Recycle

ATCs and Cards with Attitude - Anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Unbelievably creative! Wow! Wonderful upcycling my friend! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girlfriend,
    What a wonderfully adorable project! I love, love that sun - what punch or die did you use to make it? I have been searching for a sun die/punch - without much luck. I love the umbrella and sweet image and your coloring is perfect on this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a fun challenge Shirley, I am just sorry I didn't have time to give the recycled part much thought. I love your sun made from the aluminium, its a wonderful finishing touch to your cute card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shirley you really rock ! I love your card ! Great colours and the sun looks fantastic ! Thank you for the inspiration ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete