My Blog List

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

TSC, Christmas card -swap card

Good morning, I hope you all are having a lovely Wednesday morning.  I have one cup of coffee down and ready for a refill, so mine is good.

This is a card I made for our Twisted Sister challenge this week.  Tater gave the challenge, she wanted us to make a ocean card and one stipulation was no pink.   Tate hates pink, I love pink so I am always giving her a hard time about the pink.  I finally named the pinks I use Tater pink and I tell her that is different than regular pink.  I wasn't thinking or I would have put three pink boats on here.  ~grin~  I have fun with the banter with Tater about pink.  She will be thrilled that she does not have to wear her anti pink goggles to look at this one.  I am not sure if these boats are big enough to be in the huge ocean, but that is the good thing about making cards, it can be anything we want it to be.

Challenges:
Anything challenge - Summer days 
Party Time Tuesday's Challenge: By the sea.

Here is a card that I made for a monthly card swap with my stamping friends.  We were to make a punch card.  It was really easy to make.  On this card the ornaments are popped up, but I made several that were not and I think I like them just as well.   At least without the pop ups, it could be mailed with no extra postage.  As much as we stampers have to put extra postage on our hand made cards, one would not think the Postal Service would be thriving, but according to the news, they are not.
Thanks for stopping by today.

Challenges:
Just keep on Creating - Christmas Challenge

7 comments:

  1. Great cards....really pretty boat scene! You will make Tater's day with no pink to be seen with the scene...*excuse the play on words" but PINK is my favorite color.
    Nice Christmas card...wish I could get myself into the mood to start making some...so I'm not waiting till the last minute like I usually do. Hope you are having a great week. Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect way to spend a summer's day.... on a boat! Fabulous card!

    Thankyou for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes... good luck and hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tater pink? Where can I get some of that? LOL Your story is so funny and your card is super great!

    Love your gorgeous Christmas card. They are my favorite kind to make. I know what you mean about the postal service and no money...gee whiz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous Sweetie ! Love the image and the embossed pannel on the first one and the Christmas card is stunning too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Shirley,
    this is a lovely Christmas card, I love how everything stands out and the red and white looks really elegant.

    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty ocean scene - and lovely card and colors!! You're right - Tater will probably give you a gold star! The swap card is so very pretty and elegant as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh love that boat such a super card and love the colours,
    bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete