My Blog List

Friday, September 19, 2014

Classy Cards N Such - The Mighty Sea

My card today reminds me of a beautiful summer day at the beach with the waves rolling in and a nice cool breeze from the ocean.   It would be great to be on the beach looking at this wonderful view.

I started out coloring my image with Copics, I added white ink on the waves.  I used the Spellbinder A2 Filigree Delight die to cut my oval, and my frame from Black card stock. I cut a piece of French Country, Graphic 45 paper, to put behind my frame. l really love this paper.

I stamped my sentiment and matted it with the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die. I had the sand dollars in my stash, but you could use the Shell Set by Impression Obsession.

The highlighted products can be found at Classycardsnsuch.com.   Use Shirley-10 

for your discount code.

Have a great weekend and thanks, for coming by today.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh my WORD - Shirley, this is so majestic!!! Thar Filigree oval background just blows this one out of the water! (pun intended) Your rich sunset and the waves breaking on the beach look so realistic the way you colored them, and the sentiment is a very comforting one!! EXCELLENT job on this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy jumpins', what a gorgeous card Shirley! I keep scrolling back up to have another looksie! What an eye catching colour combo, which is even more brilliant with the beautiful black frame!! Absolutely stunning!! Have a great weekend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! The scene is beautiful and colored perfectly!! The way you framed it is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! Your card is gorgeous Shirley ! The frame and image are simply fab ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly - is this ever gorgeous and elegant. I feel like I'm sitting on the beach relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenery - what are we waiting for?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley, this is GORGEOUS!!!! Wow!!! Love the image, your coloring, all the dies, the sentiment - EVERYTHING. A beautiful card - I am with Kathy - holy moly. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is AMAZING! Great job Shirley!

    ReplyDelete