My Blog List

Monday, February 28, 2022

New Bark Background

 Hello, everyone.  Hope you are all well and having a good Monday, so far.  It looks like a Spring day in my neighborhood.  It is so good to see the sun shining and the promise of it being 50 degrees outside.  We are getting closer to the time change, too.  It will be so good to have longer daylight hours.  I am ready for that.

Today I am going to share cards I made with the new Bark Background stamp by Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.



I started out by stamping  the Bark Background on Kraft card stock using Rusty Hinge Oxide ink.  I stamped my sentiment from the Prayer Flower stamp set.    I stamped my Resting Fox stamp on white card stock and colored it with Copic Markers.  I fussy cut the fox and put him on foam squares to adhere him to the card.  I had some "fun fur" yarn that was just the perfect color to add underneath the fox so it looks like he has a nice warm bed to to lay in.   


started this card by stamping the Bark background on Kraft card stock.  I stamped the sentiment from the Clever Fox stamp set.  I proceeded by stamping the Family Is Everything stamp  on white card stock using VersaMark and black embossing powder.  I colored the tree stump with Copic Markers. I cut the image out with a oval die and used a scalloped oval die under it. I used a white gel pen to dot around the oval.  That pretty much sums up this card.

Thank you, so much, for coming by to check out my blog today.   Have a great week.


8 comments:

  1. We have had two days of sun but really cold wind-still got some washing dried outside though but back to rain today.Love the cute images but the bark background stamp is brilliant love the fox coloured yarn too-perfect
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, the bark stamp give a lovely textured look to the background and shows off your animal images beautifully.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful animal cards Shirley, love the bark background, a beautiful fox on his "furry" bed and the racoons, all loved up together. Love them. Yep! There is a promise of Spring in the air, Winter seems to have been Loooong and WET! I'm looking forward to the clock changing, although the nights are longer thank goodness.
    Keep well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new bark background goes absolutely perfectly with these 2 adorable images. Love that fun fur yarn you used on the fox card, and the extra layer with the white gel pen dots draws the eye in towards those cute raccoons.
    Excellent choices to enhance your cards! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable cards and love the addition of the soft yarn on the first. Such creativity and I love them both x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully designed cards, love the sweet images and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous cards, the animals are so cute, and the look you got with stamping the bark on kraft card stock is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two super cards, a fabulous background stamp and lovely animals.
    It's good to be back after spending the last month clearing out my craft room.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete