My Blog List

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Autumn Squirrel for the 4th of July

I have been trying to use my stamps differently than they were intended this month to show you how to stretch your stamps and have some fun.  I made this card using the Blue Knight Autumn Squirrel stamp.   There are no rules that says we cannot use just part of a stamp so I just fussy cut my little squirrel and colored him blue with Prisma Pencils.  I went online and found this a coloring page so Mr. Squirrel would have a 4th of July hat.  I had this flag stamp laying around so I thought it would be perfect for this card.  The sentiment is from Blue Knight's God Bless America stamp set.  My background was made using acrylic paints and a toilet paper roll.

 Here is a picture I took of the actual picture on the stamp to show you what it looked like before I cut the little squirrel from the image.  Who would have thought you could make a 4th of July card with an Autumn stamp?  I didn't until I started thinking about new ways to use stamps that I have.

Thank you, for coming by today to take a look at my card.  I appreciate your visits and input.  

8 comments:

  1. This is so creative!! I love how you used the autumn squirrel!! He looks festive and fabulous!! The background is amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this creative idea! How did you do the background, Shirley? I have an idea but am not sure if I am right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious, how clever of you and the result is just wonderful with it's fab background too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative, Shirley!! Using the autumn squirrel for a 4th of July card in such a clever way! LOVE that background - am imagining HOW in the world you did such a cool look with a toilet paper roll! Wow! A+A+A+A+A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very clever and you have made such a fun Fourth of July card with that darling squirrel. I love that you found a hat and flag for him to carry as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just genius, like the blue squirrel and fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have used this beautiful stamp in a very different and creative way on your fabulous card. Love how you did the background too x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable and (as others have said before me) So very creative! Way to go to find a different way to use that stamp!

    ReplyDelete