My Blog List

Monday, February 3, 2020

Palm Tree Beach

Hello, Stampers,  I am back with a couple of cards with beach scenes to share with you today...  These cards were made using the new release set Palm Tree Beach by Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.
This stamp set comes with two stamps,  the beach and the sentiment.  The first card was  easy to make.  I stamped the image on the card stock using black Ranger ink and my Tonic Stamp Positioner.   I colored the sand and the water with Copic markers.  I used a white gel pen to go around the edge of the water and and made some little white caps across the water. I used the Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil and turquoise ink to make the clouds.  This card is a little more subtle than I usually make, but I really liked this effect.

For the second card, I used the same stamp set.  Once again I stamped the image on the card stock using black Ranger ink.  Once you are done stamping, leave the stamps on your stamp platform because you will need to re stamp the image once you are done with the pan pastels.  I colored the sand, the water and added the white gel pen to the water.  I used Pan Pastels -Sunrise and Sunset.  I sponged red, orange and yellow across the sky making the bright sunset.  Once I finished the sponging of the Pan Pastels,  do not trim your image,  you will want to put your card back on the platform and stamp it again, maybe even twice.    After you do your restamping, you can trim your image to fit your card.

Check out the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps blog to see other cards of my team mates.  Blue Knight has a Facebook Fan Page that you might want to check out.

Thank you, for stopping by today and taking a look at my cards.

7 comments:

  1. I love how you colour your stamps in different way, these are beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to see how you have again worked your magic, creating 2 entirely "different" scenes with the same stamp set!! Both are equally stunning, but I am partial to the sunrise one, since it matches the Scripture so well, but love the subtle clouds in the first one as it creates a peaceful beach scene. Awesome cards, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how very different you used this stamp design and created such wonderful scenes. Both ways are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I haven't been to a beach in a long time...and may not ever get to one again. (we rarely take vacations...but I can at least imagine myself there on the beach in your pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy how you make the same stamped image look so very different and both of your cards are fabulous. Thank you for the tips along the way x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done such a nice job of showing how you can get such different looks by using different techniques on the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, depicting daytime and night scenes of the same beach!

    ReplyDelete