My Blog List

Monday, February 17, 2020

Walk By Faith

Hello Stampers, I am back with another new release stamp by Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.  This stamp set is Walk By Faith and comes with three stamps. (the elephants, the sentiment and the birds)


For this card,  I placed my stamp and card stock on my Tonic stamp platform.  I have the travel size and love it.  I stamped the image with Black Ranger Ink.  I masked my sun and started sponging my background using the Sunrise and Sunset Pan Pastels.  I started sponging Dairylide Yellow  at the top of the card stock then followed by Orange and Red Iron Oxide.  I pulled off the sun mask and lightly sponged some of the Dairylide Yellow over it.   I stamped the birds and the sentiment .  Once I was done,  I used hair spray to set the pan pastels.  There are sprays you can get that are made specifically for setting pan pastels.  So far, the hair spray works well, for me.
On this card I stamped the same way as I did the image on the first card.  I bet you are wondering how I created this background, aren't you.   It was really difficult.   ~giggling~   Here is how difficult if was.  I found a 8 X 8 Momenta paper pad at Hobby Lobby that has beautiful paper in it.  It really made my card very quick and easy.  You could really make a lot of these cards in no time at all, especially with the  image being already on the stamp platform and ready to stamp again.  

I hope you liked my cards.  Come back tomorrow,  I have two more, super quick and easy cards to share with you.

Check out the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps blog to see other cards of my team mates.  Blue Knight has a Facebook Fan Page that you might want to check out.




7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stamps and your sun background and your wonderful shortcut paper background, a great idea and thanks for the inspiration.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great showcashing of the fabulous stamp and the backgrounds are wonderful too x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the elephant stamp with that Sentiment, Shirley. Looks totally fabulous with the backgrounds you did with the oxide inks and the Momenta paper pads you found at HL. Both of these cards are spot on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great silhouette stamps and fabulous backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, a super stamp and lovely backgrounds.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards and backgrounds, I was wondering how you did the second one before I read your post!

    ReplyDelete