My Blog List

Monday, May 31, 2021

Iwo Jima

Hi, Stamping Friends.  Today I am back with a couple of cards made with  the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Iwo Jima.

For the first card, I started by using the Magical Masking Tape Technique.  I  swiped the sticky side of the masking tape across my ink pad and then transferred the ink to my card stock to create the flag background.  I stamped the image over flag.  I really like this technique and had not used it in a while.  




For my second card, I used my Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil and blue ink to make my sky with the puffy clouds.  I then stamped the Iwo Jima image and the sentiment from the Thank You Hero  stamp set over the clouds to complete my card.



Thank you, for stopping in today.  I always appreciate your visits.  


Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Store

Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Blog

Blue Knight You Tube Channel

Blue Knight Fans Facebook Page


8 comments:

  1. Both brilliant cards love the stamps and the technique you used on the first card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards today to celebrate the sacrifice of so many to protect our freedom. Love the masking tape technique to create the stripes on your flag and make such a great background for this stamp, as well as the second card's gorgeous sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards - and I especially liked the first one showing the red, white and blue. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and heartwarming cards Shirley. Great work.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards Shirley, perfect for today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever and eye catching technique on your first fabulous card. Both cards are thought provoking and absolutely wonderful Shirley x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely technique and a very effective way of making a background. A great pair of cards.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very nice cards. The masking tape technique is a favorite of mine for backgrounds. thanks for sharing
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete