My Blog List

Monday, May 24, 2021

Sea Life

 Hello, Friends.     I hope you all had a great weekend.  I was complaining that it had been a little chilly the last couple of weeks.  We now are having warmer weather and the last couple of days have been a little humid.  I like the heat, but the humidity really gets us in the summer.   

Important - Please read.  I would like to ask you all to go to Bloglovin.comput in my blog name and and choose to follow me.  With the upcoming changes to Blogger and Feedburner also of July 1st,  there will no longer be emails sent when there is a new post on blogs.   When you do this you will get an email that will notify you when the blogs you have signed up for have new posts.  I have been trying to figure out, like many of you are, what to do.  I thought this might work. until maybe there is something better available.  

I am sharing a couple of cards with you that I made using the Sea Life stamp set by Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.


I chose to use a background that I had done some time ago that I created with sprays and added Heidi Swapp Gold Spray over the top of it.  When I saw this turtle image, I thought he would look great with it.    I turtle stamped the image over the top of the background along with a sentiment that was in the Chickadee on a Fence Post set.  I liked the sentiment and then I decided to google how turtles breath.  It was interesting, you might want to read up on it.  :).  I added some rhinestones to make it look like bubbles as the finishing touch.


On my second card, I stamped the turtle, seaweed, etc. on a piece of glossy paper that I had used alcohol ink with.  It gave the look of water and Mr. Turtle appears happy swimming in it. :)  I used Copic Markers to color in the images below the turtle.  


I hope you enjoyed my cards.  Thank you, once again, for coming by for a visit.  I look forward to seeing you again soon.


Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Store

Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Blog

Blue Knight You Tube Channel

Blue Knight Fans Facebook Page


11 comments:

  1. I,too, have been grateful for the warmer weather we have finally gotten, and the backgrounds you used on both of these turtle cards looks so cool and refreshing, and perfect for this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Turtle looks so amazing on both of these renditions. I love the varied looks of the backgrounds and both work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the turtle image and both your cards are beautifully coloured and designed,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! These are awesome Shirley, so very different as usual and so fabulous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed your directions regarding Bloglovin.com and hope I got you followed there. Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful backgrounds on both cards to showcase this fabulous stamp.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fabulous turtle looks so content swimming with those wonderful backgrounds Shirley x. Fun idea to add the bubbles too x. I follow you via the 'followers' button, the one with our faces shown...I hope this is OK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both beautiful backgrounds and love the turtle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing, like them both but am in love with the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog today, I already follow you on Bloglovin so the Feed burner thing won't make a difference to me. In fact I use Bloglovin as my main source of keeping up with new blog posts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. A FABulous stamp! I LOve the colours of both these cards
    Shirley...Simply GORgeous.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete