My Blog List

Monday, July 10, 2023

Blue Knight Seaside Beach Fence

 Hello Friends,  I am back with a couple of cards to share with the new stamp from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps called Seaside Beach Fence.  I really enjoyed designing with this one.  It definitely made me wish I was at the beach.  The bad thing is that I live no where near a beach.  :(


I started this card by stamping the image on white card stock and coloring the image with my favorite Copic Markers. I created a mask for the sun and sponged it orange and used the negative mask when I made the clouds.  I used the Heidi Pettie Cloud template, which can be found in the Blue Knight Store, and tempting turquoise ink to create the puffy clouds.  I sponged some of the orange over the water, sand and fence.  It made it appear as if the sun was shining across the water.

I wanted this card to have a different look so I gave my clouds a stormy appearance evening though the sun was appearing through the clouds.  I punched the sun out of card stock to give it a 3 D effect and stamped bird flying in front of it.  I stamp a sea gull and fussy cut it and put it by the bottom of the fence.  I added the sentiment from the Lucky You one Line Sentiment set.

That completes my cards for today.  I hope you come back again next week.  Have a great week.


7 comments:

  1. I'm always in awe with your "duplicate" stamping, and that you can make them look so different Shirley, these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't live anywhere close to the beach either but really wish I did. In my mind I can smell the ocean after seeing these cards. So pretty and serene looking....and wishing I was there. Great clouds too! Beautiful cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. both versions are wonderful in the way you colored them differently. It reminds me of a day version and a night version and the beach is always a great place to visit regardless of the time. NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both colourways are beautiful Shirley, lovely cards.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous beach cards and the sentiment on the second one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Makes wish I was at the beach too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are just terrific, I love the sun shining on the water in the first one, beach at sunset is my favorite time! I love the little seagull on your second card, perfect to go with the scene!

    ReplyDelete