My Blog List

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New Release of Mark's Finest Paper - Butterfly Essence

Here is the first card I made with the new stamp set debuting in the Mark's Finest Paper Store this week called " Butterfly Essence".  I stamped the image in gold on black paper and then added some red ink which gave it a bronze color.

This card was gold embossed on black paper and then colored in with Sparkling H20's.  I changed the color of my ribbon by using a teal ink pad.  My sweet little "Colby Jane", my youngest Yorkie,  helped me with this.   I dropped the bow and then realized it was gone.  Colby had stole the bow and ran upstairs with it.  Needless to say she had a little teal mouth.  I let my bow dry and found that it was now lighter than my ribbon.  I decided to wet the ribbon under the faucet to try to make it match better.   The shale button was colored with a copic marker and then I added some gold around the edge.

I hope you have been over to the Mark's Finest Paper blog to hop along with the gals doing the blog hop.

Thanks, for stopping by today.

10 comments:

  1. What gorgeous cards and thanks for sharing about the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Love the embossing on both. Isn't it fun to stamp with the help of buddies!!! Your ribbon turned out gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are so dramatic, Shirley. Good save with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! Your cards are superb Shirley ! This butterfly is gorgeous ! Love the colours on both... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Schmokes, Sistah! You have taken embossing to a whole new level with this trick of adding ink to alter the embossed color!!! Love how it is complemented by the DP you used too! Super card!

    This second one had me chuckling - Colby Jane "helped" , huh? Little stinker running off with your ribbon and then sowing up with teal teeth sure marked her as the guilty party!! Love what you did to make the shale button so deliciously different too!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow and wow again. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous and elegant! The colors are stunning - as are the layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Colby Jane has very good taste in the accessories she selects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful Shirley! I love the elegance in each and the colors are gorgeous! Your story of Colby Jane is so funny! So your pinky was inky and her mouth was inky - LOL! Fun stuff! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete