My Blog List

Monday, August 2, 2021

Let's Ride

 Hello, Stamping Friends.  I am back with another new release by Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.  This set, Let's Ride, is near and dear to my heart.  My best friend had a little light blue Volkswagon, like the one on my first card,  back in the day and we went everywhere in that little car.  We had so much fun. I am going to make her birthday card with this set.  I think it will make her smile.

Here is my first card.  I paired the little Volkswagon with one of my favorite sets called The Dirt Road.  I first stamped the Dirt Road image and the sentiment with black ink onto white card stock.  I colored it using Copic Markers.  I used my Heidi Pettie cloud template and turquoise ink to make my clouds. I stamped the Volkswagon on white card stock, colored it with Copic and fussy cut it.  I used dimensionals to pop it up on the card.   I think it looks pretty cute.

On my second card, I combined it with the Beach Scene and the  Hot Air Balloons stamps.  I stamped them on white card stock, colored them with Copics.  Once again I used the Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil and turquoise ink for the clouds.  I colored the Volkswagen, fussy cut it and adhered it to my card.  

Thank you, so much, for coming by today.  Have a wonderful week.









11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards using the Volkswagon set. I love the beautiful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful cards and you friend will love it bringing back happy memories
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first car was also a VW "bug", so I can really identify with this cute set! Love the way you used it along the country road, and then, on the beach-a favorite haunt for those ramblin' along the open road in search of fun - you captured it perfectly with your cards, Shirley! TWO THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous scenes on both your cards!
    Yours 'skies' are GOrgeous as always Shirley. LOve the balloons in this second one too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My very first new car was a pale yellow VW Beetle for my high school graduation gift. I actually liked the VW - because it was pretty fun to drive and really easy to park! Your cards are so very adorable - and makes me think of road trips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Shirley! One of my best friends in high school had a little blue bug too, you don't want to know how many of us would fit in it! Like both scenes, the beautiful open field in the first and the beach and balloons in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards Shirley, lovely scenes and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the memories as I too had a little beetle in a previous life. Both cards are fabulous and what great scenes x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quotes and such gorgeous, vibrant coloring! xx, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both great cards and (As always) Nicely colored! The card brings back memories for me too, I also had a very dear friend who had one of these cars and she took me to about every craft store located in about 30 miles from our town. Loved going with her. But in those days we were looking for fabric and yarn...for our sewing projects and crochet and knitting. Sadly, I lost my dear friend to cancer...but whenever I see a a VW I think of her! And still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great scenes on both cards depicting a time in your life that brings fond memories! If only our world could be carefree and fun like it used to be.........sigh

    ReplyDelete