My Blog List

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Flourishes ~ Masculine Card

Hi, it is Shirley posting today.  It is my week to host the Friends of Flourishes challenge.   I challenged the team to make a “masculine” card.  I think most of us seem to have a hard time making cards for the males in our lives.  Really they aren’t that hard.  I think most of us believe that a masculine card is not suppose to have flowers on it.  That is not necessarily true.  Men like flowers,  just like we do, although I did not use flowers on my card today.   Men just don’t want all the ribbon and foo foo that we ladies like. 

For my card, I used the Flourishes image from the “My Cup Overflows”  Stamp set.   My sentiment “relax” is from the Flourishes Fuji Mum set.  I thought this would make a perfect birthday card.

Check out the other members of the Friends DT and see what they have to share with you:

Kren


Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. I love the relax sentiment on this too. Who doesn't want to relax on their birthday or other special day. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Masculine card!!I love the black and kraft and the dotted dp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A SUPER DUPER masculine card, I love it and the colours you used.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! The less is more approach to embellishment does seem to make the masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your color combination is so perfectly fitting for a masculine card, Shirley! This image gives the birthday guy license to sit back, and maybe even get a little spoiled in the process. being served his coffee to start his day off right! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, love the colours and love the dotty paper. You are right - men don't like foo foo on their cards!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Brilliant 'Male' card..
    LOOve this deep colours and design. Think we all tend to think they're hard? But, one started they turn out lovely.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete