My Blog List

Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Easter - Baby Wipe Water Coloring Technique

Happy Spring, Everyone.    This is the first day, but this is what I have been waiting on.   I know we will have some cool days  for a while,  but I like knowing warmer days are on the way. 

I wanted to participate in the Technique Lover's Challenge over at Splitcoast today.  The technique is called Baby Wipe Water Coloring.   I used a piece of designer paper that was off white with a pattern that reminded me of the sun. I used my distress inks that I put on acrylic blocks and then used a baby wipe to apply the inks to the card stock. I had this Eureka Bunny with Flowers image already colored. Yay. I fussy cut it and popped it up on the dp with dimensionals.   I added some sequins for the finishing touch.

If you have not been over to Stamp On It to see their new site, you might want to check it out.  They have such cute images.  They have Artful Stamps, Biblical Impressions, Eureka and QKR Stampede stamps.  They have both rubber stamps and digital stamps.

Thanks, for stopping by today.


Challenge Entered

QKR Stampede - anything goes with a twist (twist is Congratulations but it doesn't have to be used)  I entered just for fun.

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the bunny!! The background looks amazing!! I love how you colored it!! Happy first day of spring!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and your fussy cutting is very good....I'm rubbish at it! Great background too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweet cheerful bunny sure brightened up my morning!! LOVE how your background turned out with the baby wipes - it looks amazing!! What a great card to welcome Spring!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Beautiful design! I LOve this background Shirley. Such a sweet image too. I'm here today with my official hat on to thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Easter card. You did a great job with that technique...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohhh, what a great result with the background, and I agree with Wendy about the fussy cutting. Good to see you at QKR Stampede's weekly challenge!
    Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and I love thee baby wipe water coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute card, I need to try that technique
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh! I love love love that bunny image! So cute and your card is great!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete