My Blog List

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Cupcake-Paper Cupcakes



The challenge for Paper Cupcakes this week is to make a children's birthday card. Once again, I chose the elephant cupcake. In case you haven't guessed, I love this image, it is just too cute.
I thought the red and pink flowered paper was perfect for my image. The bow is a fork bow and super easy to make. Besides that they always look nice and I am not good at tying bows. I must have slept through that class. ~Chuckle, Chuckle~ Why don't you come on over to There's Magic in the Air and join us for our challenge? You never know, you just might win a free digi over there and I would love to see your cards. Nina is celebrating her birthday on the blog today and she is offering free bingo cards and tickets. There is also a cute digi for $1.00.

We had more storms come through on Friday. It was pretty nasty, but did not have any touch down so there was no damage. Everyone was really on edge. My heart and prayers are with the states that received damage with this one.

Thanks for coming by. See you again, soon.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the colors you chose for this. They are perfect for a child's card. That elephant is an adorable image. He looks so surprised peeking over the cupcake like that. I like him a lot.
    Glad that you did not have any damage this time and I am praying for those who did. This is such a shame that they have so much to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I can't do clouds with the template you made for me and I can't tie a bow with the fork tutorial Greenie sent me - woe is me!

    Your card is so very cute and you're right, that image is just so cute - and you've colored it wonderfully!! As always, an adoraable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime you use this elephant, it looks cuter!! Those googly eyes get me everytiime!! Love the triple border you created down the side and the nestied layer underneath!! Too cute for words!

    We'll have to give some private lessons to Kathy in June!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Shirley. I love the sweet elephant cupcake and your choice of colours are great. I really love the ornate black frame around the image. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet little elephant cupcake......love the eyes....fun

    ReplyDelete