My Blog List

Monday, March 19, 2012

Squigglefly Snuggle Buddies


I won this image, Snuggle Buddies, over at Squigglefly. I just fell in love with this cute pair. I colored it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't wait to make a card with it. I tried to get creative with the stitching, but I have to admit the sewing machine really gives me a hard time. The challenge at Squigglefly was to make a home made flower so I made one to match my papers.
I used copics on the image. (C7, C5, C3, C1, E39, E37, E53, E00, R02, Yg95) The designer paper is Color Bok.

This sweet puppy reminds me of the Basset Hound mix dog that I took in at the beginning of fall.
She evidently was terribly mistreated by someone and would not let anyone close to her. She now has learned that she has a family that would never hurt her and she is as happy as can be.
She did well with our cat when she first came here, but now she wants to chase him all the time so I don't see our Daisy snuggling with Killer the cat.

Thanks so much for stopping by and the nice comments.

Challenges entered:
squigglefly - home made flower
Love to create - Anything goes
Kraft Journal - Anything goes
Heidi's Hobby Stuggu - Animal focus

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is soooooo adorable ! I love this image too and your colouring is fantastic ! Love the colours you have chosen... What a beautiful card ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too TOO sweet, Shirt - what an adorable image - all hunkered down in her spot under her buddy's ear!! Love those embossed bloom petals all layered up and LOOK AT THAT STITCHING!! Great colors together too!! Yay for you!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really sweet card Shirley. I love your flower - the embossing on it is wonderful! Super coloring on this image too! I am so glad to hear that your dog has found a home with a family to love her. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, I adore how you've colored your image! They look so soft and pettable {new word? ;D}. Your flowers and color scheme are fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve your card! Gorgeous flowers and gorgeous colors! THanks for joining our squigglelfly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at this gorgeous and wonderfully colored image - it's totally adorable and you've aced the colors on the fur babies - they look perfect! I love, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWEEE, need I say more?? Thank you for joining us over at Love to create challenges and we hope you share more in the future.

    ~Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have time to sew your cards?! Love the design, the colors, everything! Thanks for playing on the SQ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! I love how you've colored this image! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this Week!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute image and your coloring is super! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's just super cute! I love those two snuggly animals. Great work! Beautiful image too. Thanks for playing at Squigglefly this week.

    ReplyDelete